There are several reasons why Scott Jacoby is my favorite actor:
1. His sensitive portrayal of characters (children, teens, and young adults) who have difficulty adjusting to the adult world.
2. The consistency of character roles that he was given to play. In a sense, it seems like any movie from the 1970's that was about a young outsider fit Scott.
3. And into adulthood? Scott Jacoby starred in very few films in his 20's. And then nothing?
This leaves me with a sense of mystery. What ever became of Scott Jacoby and why did he give up acting? This is by no means a criticism. It just peeks my interest.
4. A borderline child star, but too obscure to become a phenomenon. Scott even released a self-titled LP and was frequently featured in teen magazines....although he never did quite fit the bill as a "heartthrob".
5. I'm curious a bit about Scott's upbringing, his life growing up in New York. What were some of the supposedly 100's of commercials he starred in as a young boy before appearing on Broadway? What was his relationship like with his brothers, who were also acting?
So many Scott Jacoby television appearances that I have never seen, but this looks like a good one. Toma is a fairly obscure show that only lasted one season.